EMPOWERING TODAY’S PROFESSIONALS - HOW IT ALL STARTED

By Rod Colon


I have 26 years of experience as a corporate HR management insider, outside agency recruiter, professional networker, adjunct professor/lecturer on career management and career coach with an unusual but common sense approach to networking and career management. In addition, I have in-depth knowledge of international staffing, recruiting and networking which gives me the ability to both coach and consult with today’s professionals and with executives around the world.



Obviously, I’ve seen the job search challenge from both sides of the interviewer’s desk. Along the way, I’ve seen many people struggle with the job search and interview process. As a result, I’ve discovered some of the more obscure pitfalls which trap people when they seek new jobs.



This discovery convinced me to devote my life to helping as many people as possible avoid these traps. I also wanted individuals to experience a much higher success rate in landing the jobs and managing their careers. Because I knew I had a gift for teaching, training, and coaching, I decided to leave the corporate world and pursue my one true passion: the development of an organization committed to networking and helping people in transition. And I didn't want to help these people merely get close to their next job — I wanted to help them nail it down and develop a long-term strategy to career management!



I started Empowering Today’s Professionals in 2004, at first just to eliminate the tedium of repeating nearly identical coaching and networking training to a long line of individuals. As the organization sprouted roots through e-mail exchanges, I made the decision to move to a virtual community style forum to exchange documents, questions, and job search issues and then supplemented that with a weekly Sunday evening conference call. In the beginning, there were just a handful of attendees. Today, our membership is global and growing steadily.



The foundation of our community service organization is to educate each individual (student or professional) to manage their career as a business. Each individual will promote himself or herself to the position of CEO of ME, Inc. and make a conscious decision to run their career as a business. I have seen personally how transforming one’s career to the CEO of ME, Inc. has powerful impact to individuals globally. It is - the priceless reward of what we do.



Empowering Today’s Professionals is here to support the business owner within you.



Best wishes for a wonderful Labor Day weekend and keep networking alive,



Rod Colón, Career Coach, Professional Speaker & Author

CEO & Director of Career Management



Empowering Today’s Professionals

Running the Business of "ME"



www.ETPnetwork.com

rod@etpnetwork.com

732.367.5580

Connect with me on:

http://RodColon.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/RodColon

http://www.linkedin.com/in/RodColon

http://www.facebook.com/RodColon1

No comments:

Post a Comment