Maintaining Your Network

by Keith Ferrazzi
Never Eat Alone



One way I’ve found to make maintaining my network of contacts, colleagues, and friends easier is to create a rating system for the network that corresponds to how often I reach out. First, I divide my network into five general categories: Under “Personal,” I include my good friends and social acquaintances. Because I’m generally in contact with these people organically, I don’t include them on a contact list. The relationship is established, and when we talk, it’s as if we’d been in touch every day. “Customers” and “Prospects” are self-explanatory. “Important Business Associates” is reserved for people I’m actively involved with professionally. I’m either doing business with them currently or hoping to do business with them. This is the mission-critical category. Under “Aspirational Contacts,” I list people I’d like to get to know, or I’ve met briefly (which is anyone from your boss’s boss to a worthy celebrity) and would like to establish a better relationship with.





Rod Colón

Career Coach, Professional Speaker & Author



Empowering Today’s Professionals

Running the Business of "ME"



www.ETPnetwork.com

rod@etpnetwork.com



LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment